Monday, March 30, 2009

Afternoon Tea

I was delighted this past Sunday afternoon to have nothing to do. The past two months of weekends have been busy, busy, busy. It was wonderful to brew a pot of tea and settle into the couch with a good book for an hour or two. The perfect accompaniment to my afternoon tea: croissant de chocolate. These croissants have been hoarded in my freezer since last year and it seemed like a perfect day to enjoy them. My sister discovered these while studying in Spain last spring. Mom and I went over to visit her and she kindly stocked up for my breakfast.
I think I might move to Europe solely for these croissants. They are (drum roll, please) flaky! A definite rarity in gluten-free baked-goods. And are filled with a delicious dark chocolate filling.

These croissants (along with many other delicious looking gluten-free products) are produced by Proceli Turull, a Spanish company headquartered in Barcelona. Their products are available throughout Europe, but sadly not in the States. You can visit their website for some drool-worthy pictures (baguettes, yum). And, if you every find yourself in Europe, be sure to bring home enough to stock your freezer!


A lovely afternoon, but I'm so sad to only have one croissant left! Anyone planning a European adventure?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin