Saturday, March 28, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's only fitting to begin my blog with my favorite gluten-free cookie recipe. This is my go-to gluten-free recipe, whenever I'm going to an event and need to bring food these cookies are always a hit. I even commissioned my Mom to bake these to serve at my thesis defense, I got highest honors and I think the cookies deserve some of the credit! Usually, people don't even realize these cookies are gluten free. They're always moist, not crumbly like some gluten-free baked goods often are. Best of all, they have an intense peanut flavor because there's no flour to get in the way of the peanut butter taste.





Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 9 oz chocolate chips (be sure to check the label, gluten sneaks into the funniest things.)
Yes, that's really all the ingredients! Cream together all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Add chocolate chips. Make small balls of the batter and smush onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake 9-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Allow cookies to cool before removing from sheet (or they will fall apart).

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin