Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Product Review: Pamela's Classic Vanilla Cake Mix

Recently, I needed to make cupcakes for a very special occasion: Joe's 28th birthday. This was a challenges for several reasons. First, Joe and I just started dating, so he's new to the whole GF-thing and I wanted his first gluten-free baked good experience to be a positive one. We were planning to climb Mount Katahdin in honor of the start of Joe's 28th year and I wanted the cupcakes to make it to the top. And I wanted them to be a surprise.

Since I didn't leave myself a lot of time to execute my super-secret cupcake mission, I decided to go with something tried-and-true rather than experimenting. Usually I would go for chocolate. But, Joe's favorite cake is confetti- which meant I needed to find a good vanilla cake mix. I opted for Pamela's Classic Vanilla Cake Mix because I've always had good luck with them in the past and they did not disappoint. They weren't an exact replica of a gluten-full cupcake, but they had a good flavor, texture and adapted well to the addition of sprinkle to make them confetti cupcakes.


Before pictures, just in case they didn't make it up the mountain looking pretty!


I think he liked them.

Katahdin got pushed back a few weeks, here we are on Cadillac Mountain in the fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin