Wednesday, December 23, 2009

There is Popcorn Everywhere . . .

Really. The floor of my car, under my desk, on my desk and I keep finding little pieces in my sweater. The cause of this sudden infestation of kernels? Little Lad's highly addictive Herbal Corn. Wow, this stuff is amazing.

I've been noticing this stuff in natural food stores for years and I was always a little skeptical. Popcorn with dill? It sounded a little weird to me. But, this Monday on our way back from Bethel and Portsmouth at the mandatory Portland Whole Foods stop to stock up on gluten-free chicken nuggets (me) and beer (Joe), it was a time to throw caution to the wind. We got the medium-sized bag of Herbal Corn. I think it was half gone by Freeport.

Little Lad's has locations in Cornith, Portland and, oddly enough, New York City. But, if none of those are convenient it can be recreated at home:

At Home Herbal Corn
  • 3/4 cup popcorn
  • 2-4 tablespoons of soybean oil or light vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (make sure it's GF!)
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill
Coat popcorn with oil. Toss with yeast and then dill. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin