Friday, May 15, 2009

GF Resources: CeliacHandbook.com

I discovered this phenomenal (and free!) resource through Facebook (which, it turns out, does have a purpose) and I believe it's a great website for the new and experienced celiac alike. I'd encourage anyone to peruse the site. Here are a few favorites I discovered:
  • The Online GF Shopping Guide introduced me to several new GF sources, including Everybody Eats, a dedicated gluten-free facility located in New York. Their prices are high and I'm sure the shipping is equally pricy, but based on the pictures alone- it might be worth it. I was thrilled to see ravioli, baguettes and their delicious looking cakes look like a good enough reason to visit New York.
  • The Gluten-Free Restaurant Guide is free! Most GF Resturant Guides cost at least $30 and must be constantly updated. The guide is searchable by state and country, perfect for something local or trip planning.
  • Speaking of trip planning, I am completely infatuated with Bob and Ruth's Gluten-Free Travel Club- what a brilliant idea! From what I can gather, Bob and Ruth serve as GF specializing travel agents booking airfare, tours, museum entrance, lodging and, most importantly, food. For one price, Bob and Ruth arrange everything. Once again, pricy- but you're paying for total piece of mind about your diet for your entire trip. I'd love to go on the GF Adventure to Egypt with Bob and Ruth!
  • The events page is also exciting, I haven't found any local events yet- but a few sound worth traveling. The runner in me is excited by the Team Gluten-Free (complete with t-shirts, how cute is that?) marathons held all over the country. Better start training.
  • The Bookstore has an excellent selection of guides, cookbooks and other GF related reading material all available through Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin