Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kitchen Experiments: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pancakes

It's a peanut butter themed week here at Madison Paper's and rightly so- I LOVE peanut butter. I might have a problem. I like to say I run because I love peanut butter. But, anyway. . . earlier this week we had no food in the apartment and because I couldn't be bothered to go grocery shopping, I decided to make pancakes. I was mixing the batter and wondering to myself "what would make these pancakes more interesting?" I found some chocolate chips in the cupboard and decided to add those, but wanted something a little different. The jar of peanut butter (Skippy is my brand of choice and, yes, it's GF) on the counter was calling to me and I had a crazy, brilliant thought: peanut butter chocolate chip pancakes! Because what's better than peanut butter and chocolate?? Quite possibly the greatest flavor combination. I added a heaping spoonful of peanut butter to my Pamela's Pancake Mix and enjoyed the delicious scent of peanut butter and chocolate while I cooked. The pancakes had a light, subtle peanut butter flavor, not strong enough for my taste (go figure) and next time I'm thinking about two heaping spoonfuls. But, this is the start of something amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin