Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Naturally GF: Chicken Stuffed with Gouda and Spinach

I have been terribly neglectful of my blogging duties, but I think I have some pretty good excuses. There's the whole work thing, moving (as you can see, Madison was invaluable in the packing process), the living in a new kitchen where I can't find anything (there must be a strainer around here somewhere!) and a graduate course/conference that required I devote my life to reading for a week. Plus, Madison is living with my parents for the month and I just don't feel inspired without my kitty muse.
Fortunately, we have a backlog of post topics and today I decided to post about a favorite naturally gluten-free recipe. Once again, credit for this recipe must go to Betty and my sister who discovered this recipe that was GF as is and insisted we try it because she is addicted to cheese. We were both very pleased with the results, the stuffing made the chicken more interesting and my enthusiastic chicken pounding seemed to result in tender meat. Now we're constantly on the lookout for sales on Gouda and an excuse to make this meal. Anyway, here's

Chicken Stuffed with Gouda and Spinach


  • Two chicken breasts, flattened
  • Baby spinach chopped
  • Smoked Gouda cut into small pieces
  • 1 ounce cream cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • Salt and pepper to taste
This is a perfect recipe for anyone who wants a delicious dinner and an opportunity to release some aggression. I usually place each chicken breast between two slices of plastic wrap and give it a few good whacks with the rolling pin to flatten. Next coat a cookie sheet with a thinner layer of olive oil. Salt and pepper each side of chicken and place on the cookie sheet. Next combine the cream cheese, nutmeg, cheese and spinach (whatever amounts look good to you for the cheese and spinach), fingers will definitely be involved. Place about half the resulting mixture in the center of one of the flattened chicken breasts and fold the chicken up around it. Secure with toothpicks. Repeat with second chicken breast. Cook at 350 for about twenty minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin