Monday, June 22, 2009

Product Review: Let's Do Gluten-Free Ice Cream Cones

Rapture! Ice cream is my favorite food and while eating it from a bowl is just fine, I've missed enjoying ice cream from a cone. For me, it just doesn't feel like summer until I've had an ice cream cone. So, to say I was very, very excited when I discovered Let's Do Gluten-Free Ice Cream Cones is something of an understatement. My Mom secured a box from Whole Foods (also available via Amazon) and this weekend on our way to the theater we stopped for some Round Top Ice Cream (definitely the best around) and to test the GF cones. I asked for a bowl because I had doubts about the stability of a GF cone, but I was proven wrong. The cone had a light texture and a slightly sweet taste, somewhat reminiscent of a DQ cone. Not as good as a sugar cone, but a worthy substitute. I'm looking forward to many more ice cream runs this summer!


Usually, I opt for black raspberry or something chocolate, but I was feeling experimental and selected Almond Joy.


A celebration, of GF cones and my recent mastery of the timer function!

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin