Saturday, June 20, 2009

Making GF Easier

Whole Foods is my favorite place for stocking up on gluten-free staples like pasta and flour, but also trying new goodies like scones and cookies. I'm also a big fan of their GF breads. Sadly, the closest Whole Foods is several hours away in Portland. While I can still place orders with my Mom, I don't get the pleasure of wandering the aisles and discovering exciting new products. Such as this new iPhone app, which wins the award for being the sweetest new thing I've found this week (sorry, GF Betty Crocker mixes- you're awesome, but not that awesome). Anyway, the Whole Foods Market Recipes App will let you search Whole Foods for recipes, you can filter the recipes into categories like "Cooking with Kids" or "Quick and Easy" or, best of all, "Special Diets"- including gluten-free! Giving you easy access to recipes like Rosemary-Lime Wild Alaska Salmon Kabobs or Quinoa Salad with Chicken, Grapes, and Almonds and helping you locate ingredients- in the store and in your pantry. So, if you wanted to make your shopping trips quicker, although I don't know why you would want to, this would be the perfect tool. And it's free. It makes me wish all over again that I was responsible enough to own an iPhone, but clumsy people who constantly drop things cannot own expensive phones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin