Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Simple Substitution: Fried Chicken

I'm convinced KFC is using some sort of subliminal advertising in their tv spots because lately I've been craving fried chicken. I decided to haul out my trusty Betty Crocker recipe book and try my hand at creating GF fried chicken. Betty's Oven-Fried Chicken seemed perfect, a few ingredients and the oven-frying should result in less clean-up. I would recommend this recipe for warmer months, because I quickly set-off the smoke alarm and had to open all the windows! Luckily, it was a warm day. And the chicken came out great, completely worth the effort and vigorous kitchen towel waving.

Oven-Fried Chicken
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup gluten-free flour mix
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • one piece broiler chicken
Heat the oven to 425 degrees and melt the butter in a rectangular pan, I found a casserole dish made for easy handling. Mix the flour, paprika, salt and pepper together. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture. Place chicken in the butter former skin side down (I removed the skin before coating in flour) in pan. Bake 15-20 minutes. Turn chicken, bake another 15-20 minutes. Remove and cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin