Saturday, June 5, 2010

Weekly Links June 5th & 6th

Where did May go? How can it possibly be June? Joe and I have ambitious painting, hiking, grilling and strawberry picking- is it too early for strawberry picking? I hope not - plans for the weekend. So, while we're keeping busy, here are some weekly links:

Gluten-Free Dining at Wild Willy's: There's a Wild Willy's in South Portland and I've always been skeptical of it. I mean, I appreciate the alliteration, but I'm not certain I want someone named Wild Willy flipping my burger - who knows what he might do! But, the Portland, ME Celiac/DH Support Group is reporting five Wild Willy's locations, including York and South Portland, ME will be carrying gluten-free buns from Little Bay Baking Company and I might need to check it out!
Contamination: Have your gluten-free grains been hanging out with gluten-full grains? A new study suggests yes and enough to cause symptoms in individuals with celiac disease. FDA standards often aren't stringent enough, make sure the manufacture of your grains uses a test and has strict standards.
New UK Resource: A shout-out to my good friend, Emily across the pond! Emily doesn't have celiac's, but her gf chums are lucky to have a new resource full of products and where to find them, recipes, news and gf giveaways - like a Cath Kidston Tea Set!
Celiac Going Mainstream: Last month, in honor of Celiac Awareness Month, USA Today featured a huge insert about celiac's disease. If you missed it, a pdf can be found here courtesy of Gluten-Free Maine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin