Monday, June 21, 2010

Menu: Joe's Picks

It occurred to me recently, every week I make a menu before we go grocery shopping and why not share that with blog readers? I read a huge number of GF and non-GF cooking blogs, a lot of our menu items come from those blogs or sites like Martha Stewart or Food Network. Here, I'll pull together menus from all over the web and my collection of cookbooks and favorite family recipes to share with you. Over the course of the week, I'll do my best to post pictures and let you know how I made them gluten-free.

This is Joe's last week at home before leaving for a month a LDAC. He'll be at Fort Lewis in Washington State helping with ROTC summer training. I offered to make his favorites before he left and here's what he came up with:

Saturday: Fresh Pea Risotto with Spicy Grilled Shrimp from Closet Cooking (actually, a recent CC post I couldn't resist, but we both enjoyed it!)
Sunday: Grilled Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus
Monday: Chicken Stuffed with Gouda and Spinach with Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Tuesday: Penne with Grape Tomatoes and Mozzarella from Martha Stewart (This is a regular rotation item for us. We love it and it makes great leftovers!)
Wednesday: Spring Rolls
Thursday: Bachelorette Party! Dinner at Flatbread Co. in Portland. Looking forward to their GF crust.
Friday: Rehearsal Dinner BBQ
Saturday: Sarah and Nate's Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin