Sunday, April 5, 2009

Product Review: Nana's Cookie Company

Labeled gluten-free products are few and far between in the Union Marketplace at UMaine. The Marketplace just recently started caring a selection of No-Wheat and No-Gluten cookies from Nana's Cookie Company. They're a little pricey for my wallet (over $2 a cookie), but this past week the university bought my lunch and I decided to give them a try. My review is: they're okay. The Chocolate Crunch flavor was the only GF option at the Marketplace, although their website lists several other flavors. The cookie was very moist for a GF cookie, but the chocolate flavor was weak. In fact, the cookie tasted healthy. In my opinion, cookies should not taste healthy, they should be delicious and decandent and filled with chocolatey goodness. These cookies are not any of the above, which, in my opinion, makes them undeserving of their hefty pricetag. I'm glad to see some gluten-free options trickling into the Union, but for my GF dessert needs I'll stick with the rice krispie squares- yummy, GF, huge and only $1.25!

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought about trying these but wouldn't pay the price. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin