Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Witch Hill Spring Ice Cream No Longer BYOC (Bring Your Own Come)

Monday evening, Joe and I found ourselves at my parent's after his Portland appointment and in need of an after-dinner snack. We hopped in the car and drove across the bridge (enjoying an extra-lovely sunset behind the church steeples of Bath) to Witch Hill Spring Ice Cream for, obviously, ice cream. My Mom handed me a box of Let's Do GF Ice Cream cones so I could enjoy my first cone of the summer. The folks at Witch Spring Hill have been awesome in the past about BYOC and always very careful to avoid cross-contamination when scooping my ice cream (something very much appreciated!) as I wrote about last summer. This time, when I got to the counter clutching my GF cone the woman behind the window told me they now carry gluten-free cones - awesome! Now we can enjoy spontaneous ice cream stops, no more planning ahead!

Just one more reason to love Witch Hill Spring Ice Cream: great local product (Round Top Ice Cream is made in Damariscotta), a locally owned business (my sister used to work with one of the owners), great prices and super generous servings (just ask Joe . . .) and, now, gluten-free cones! If you're in the Bath area, I recommend planning a stop. Check out their website for a list of flavors (I recommend the black raspberry) and some fun local history, especially if you're curious about the name.

Witch Spring Hill Ice Cream
60 State Road, West Bath, ME
http://witchspringhillicecream.com/home
207-443-3029

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin