Thursday, July 23, 2009

It was a good thing . . . Gluten Free Pantry's Angel Food Cake Mix

The Gluten Free Pantry is always a safe bet for baking mixes, easy to follow and always delicious results. Sadly, they've stopped making one of my favorites: the Angel Food Cake mix. I'm crossing my fingers that they're coming out with something even better very soon, but I find it hard to imagine because this mix was SO good. Although denser than conventional angel food cake, the GFP mix had an otherwise pleasing texture and great taste. Totally worth the 20 minutes spent holding an electric beater. Even my brothers, gluten-free-phobes that they are, didn't complain about this cake (I think that means they liked it). So, I'm optimistic GFP has something even better in the works, but in the meantime I'm missing this great product.

Here the GFP Angel Food Cake is shown with lemon pudding frosting, a simple addition that always gets rave reviews.

Lemon Pudding Frosting

  • 1 package lemon flavored instant pudding mix
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 cup milk
Combine all ingredients in bowl. Beat with electric mixer on high for one minute and only one minute. Set aside for a few minutes to thicken. Frost cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin