Friday, July 10, 2009

Simple Substitution: Red Wine Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes almost two months ago by simply substituting GF flour in a recipe found on We Are Not Martha. I had to try this recipe because it combines two of my favorite food items, chocolate and red wine! Also, they sounded so different and the review from WANM was glowing. Following the WANM recipe (follow the link for the recipe because I'm feeling l-a-z-y), I substituted 3/4 cup white rice flour and 1/2 cup tapioca flour for the wheat flour in the original recipe. I was very pleased with the results: rich chocolate flavor with just a hint of red wine. The chocolate, wine and cream cheese frosting melded together very well. I'm looking forward to another excuse to make these!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you took one for the team and made these at last.. in other news, I'll send you a link when I get around to blogging about Mt. K in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin