Thursday, July 9, 2009

Product Review: Gillian's Foods Italian Bread Crumbs

I've been using Gillian's bread crumbs for several years, I especially like the Italian Bread Crumbs because the addition of herbs and spices saves me a step in the kitchen. They're great for coating chicken for quick and easy chicken nuggets and for making meatballs and meatloaf. Since I'm usually cooking for one or two, I make my meatloaf in a muffin tin. The extras are easily frozen and the small "meatloaf muffins" cook much faster than the traditional loaf. I usually toss whatever I have on hand (meatloaf is a great dish for cleaning out the fridge), so the recipe changes each time I make it, but here's the basics (As always, eyeball amounts).

Meatloaf Muffins


  • 1/4 pound ground turkey (or beef, but I like turkey)
  • red onion, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • dash of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 palm-full bread crumbs
  • fresh grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 large clove garlic
Meatloaf is an easy meal- just mix everything together (just barely, you don't want to overwork your meat) and place muffin-sized balls into the greased muffin tin and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin