Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More Anello's Gluten Free Cafe

I really, really love this place! Last week a very important occasion (Sarah's 30th birthday!) brought me back to Portsmouth for surprise party activities. It was a perfect excuse to return to Anello's for a full GF lunch. My non-celiac pal, Marla, gamely accompanied me and although we had a limited amount of time, we had a fabulous lunch. First of all, everyone at Anello's is super-friendly and happy to answer questions. Since I'd been looking forward to this visit for about a week, I had my order ready- the turkey rueben. I haven't had anything at Anello's I didn't like, but I was especially impressed by their bread. I ordered the multi-grain and it was delicious! A great texture, a little moist (so rare in GF bread) and had a slightly nutty flavor. Marla also complimented the white bread she ordered with her chicken salad. For dessert: cannolis. Exactly the way I remember them. Great food, great company - all in all, a perfect lunch.

My lunch: turkey Reuben


Marla's chicken salad


Cannoli for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin